Service learning is a teaching method that combines academic instruction, meaningful service, and critical reflective thinking to enhance learning and civic responsibility. Using Peace Corps Volunteers' stories of service across the globe, Coverdell World Wise Schools' resources help teachers and students make global connections through meaningful service learning.
Click on images below to launch modules in new browser windows.
- Turn off your browser's pop-up blocker
- Turn on your audio.
Ideas for using Coverdell World Wise Schools resources to enhance the pre-service, service, and post-service stages of the service learning process.
Find service-learning project ideas, including examples of local service with global connections, service to benefit communities abroad, and student advocacy around global issues inspired by Peace Corps service.
- Suggestions for Connecting Service Learning to
Content Standards (pdf)
- Service Learning Planning Template (pdf)
- Evaluation Rubric (pdf)
Learn and Serve National Service-Learning Clearinghouse: Find service-learning lesson ideas and curricular examples, grant opportunities, and educator discussion lists.
- National Youth Leadership Council: Download Service-Learning Standards for Quality Practice
- United We Serve: Find and create service opportunities in your own community